Businesses continue to integrate social media into their marketing efforts at an impressive rate and many report that they have used social media to get more brand interactions, contacts, and new customers.
As companies continue to rely on social media sites to reach their business goals, it is important that they pay attention to the way social media demographics are growing and changing. Who is using social media? Which social networks do people use — and how do they use them?
Search Engine Journal created the infographic, featured below, to help you answer all of these questions and more. Take a look at the infographic to discover a number of facts and statistics that you should know about how social media usage is changing.
General Social Media
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ are the top three social media sites used by marketers. (Tweet This Stat)
- 93% of marketers use social media for business. (Tweet This Stat)
- 72% of all internet users also used social media as of May 2013. (Tweet This Stat)
- 71% of users use a mobile device to access social networks. (Tweet This Stat)
- There are now more than 1.15 billion Facebook users. (Tweet This Stat)
- 70% of marketers have used Facebook to successfully gain new customers. (Tweet This Stat)
- One million web pages are accessed using a Facebook login. (Tweet This Stat)
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases. (Tweet This Stat)
- 23% of Facebook users login at least five time a day. (Tweet This Stat)
- 215 million people use Twitter every month. (Tweet This Stat)
- Twitter is currently the fastest growing social network with a 44% growth from June 2012 to March 2013. (Tweet This Stat)
- 34% of marketers have used Twitter to successfully generate leads. (Tweet This Stat)
Which of these facts and statistics did you find most surprising? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!