I think the Aviator was on TV this weekend so I was inspired to make this image and here is a little breakdown:
- First thing I did was load this model from the Jetstrike collection and convert the materials to a physical shaders.
- I was going to just place the ship over a cloud background but I noticed it looked like the aircraft was emerging through the clouds so…
- I took some dust stock footage and placed it around the craft with Mesh warping. Making sure to put some in front and behind.
- I used a Z-Depth pass to blend the ship into the cloud layer.
- As a final touch I added some fog to the render to simulate mist.
- For motion blur I animated the Turbines with the Jetstrike Rig controls with some additional radial blur.
Source: Video Copilot