Tomorrow is the start of SuperConference in Dallas, Texas. One of the things I love about this event is seeing familiar faces and hearing people tell me that something they learned last year made a big difference in their business.
The funny thing is, it’s not always something that they started doing. Sometimes it’s what they stopped doing.
So if you are spending hours working on your business and not getting the results you want, you may have a “business habit” or two that needs dropped.
Here are five habits to ditch that will help you grow your business and profits—not to mention reduce the amount of time you spend on your business.
1) Churning and burning. Yes, you want to attract new customers, clients, and patients, but if you are only focused on attracting new customers without paying attention to existing customers, you are wasting a lot of money and leaving a whole lot of money on the table. (To discover more about what you should be doing, read Darcy Juarez’s article Are You Committing This Costly Marketing Sin?)You must have a system in place for capturing names of customers to build a herd of customers you can sell to again and again.
2) Getting leads without having a follow-up system in place. Getting a bunch of leads can give your business a huge boost, but only if you have a clear, persistent, consistent, easily repeatable path to convert those leads to buyers. If you have leads with no immediate funnel to convert them, or are randomly following up, you are not only wasting time, money and effort, but you could be leaving a bad impression.
3) Chasing buyers. I’ve seen it time and time again. You get a hot lead and you keep chasing after him while neglecting to put a system in place that will continually attract your ideal clients to you. Stop chasing, start attracting.
4) Doing the same thing. If you aren’t getting the results you want—if you aren’t living your dream life—maybe it’s time to look at doing things differently. Too many businesses look at what their competitors are doing and think they should be doing the same thing. But that doesn’t make sense if you aren’t where you want to be.
One of Dan Kennedy’s primary guiding principles is to do the opposite of what everyone else is doing. It’s a principle that has served Dan, myself and the GKIC Elite very, very well. Thinking differently than most of the people you see doing business can turn out to be your UNFAIR advantage. Thinking differently has created solutions that have generated a boatload of extra profits for Dan, myself, Dan’s clients, etc. and it can do the same for you too.
It’s time to do the opposite of what everyone in your niche is doing and start doing what works.
5) Going it alone. Look, I get it. Working alone can be great. You can do things your way. You don’t have to listen to what anyone else thinks. You feel really good when you succeed because it’s all you.
However, we are so fortunate to have so many resources available that can help with virtually any situation, why would you go it alone? Plus having someone to hold you accountable and a mentor or coach to give you feedback and help guide you means you will get there easier and faster.
By IMMEDIATELY dumping things that aren’t working, you’ll have the opportunity and time to apply strategies to your business that do work. Who knows? Maybe you will be the next person to tell me that your big breakthrough came as a result of getting rid of something that wasn’t giving you the results you wanted.
Have you experienced a big breakthrough because of ditching something? If so, share your story in our comment section.
NOTE: Here’s a quick heads up on very special LIVE training taking place in just a few days that would be PERFECT for anyone who:
* Struggles to create a powerful list building SYSTEM… NOT an ad hoc blend of tactics that sometimes work, sometimes don’t, and rarely deliver what you need to grow at the rate you know you’re capable of… instead, wants a REAL blend of processes, triggers, and tools that predictably WORKS on autopilot.
* Needs a reliable SYSTEM for converting traffic/prospects into leads who view you as THE only possible option – someone with the magical blend of Authority, Credibility, and Expertise.
* Wants to convert leads into sales at a higher rate with less struggle and stress — you’re tired of fighting tooth-and-nail for every sale and you’re ready for the buyers to start chasing you down instead.
If that sounds pretty good to you, then I have some AMAZING good news!
This coming Saturday, March 29th at 11AM Eastern time, we’re opening the “virtual doors” of the SuperConference to give you LIVE access to a very special presentation I’m doing entitled:
“The Ultimate Marketing Machine – A ‘Soup to Nuts’ List Building And Sales Conversion System Revealed”
Best of all, this LIVE Training direct from the SuperConference in Dallas is 100% totally FREE and our gift to you.
All you need to do is watch for an e-mail tomorrow with all the information.
Don’t miss out on this one-time-only chance to catch Dave’s presentation “The Ultimate Marketing Machine” at SuperConference LIVE!
Source: Dan Kennedy