This webinar covers the basis of a successful hotel paid search campaign including how much of your marketing budget to allocate to paid search, which platforms and channels to focus on, and what you need to know and ask your paid search agency.
Key Highlights from the Paid Search for Hotels Webinar:
- Digital marketing is growing 2-3X as fast as total marketing.
- Hotels are spending an average of 6-9% of total revenues on marketing initiatives.
- On hotel digital marketing spend, 25-35% is used on paid search.
- 60% of the world’s population is now using a mobile device; mobile adspend is estimated to reach $35.5B in 2015 and $60B in 2017.
- Consumers exposed to brand’s social media content are 2.8X more likely to search using branded terms.
- The most important thing you can do with your paid search campaign is to bid on your brand name or brand terms.
Hotel Paid Search Webinar Questions & Answers:
Q: Why am I not seeing my ad when I do a Google search?
A: This can be related to many things including but not limited to the following:
- Budget – if your daily budget is not large enough to capture the daily search volume, it could be that your budget has already ran out by 10:00 in the morning. You would need to then increase your budget.
- Ad rank – if ad rank is low, your ads will not show for 100% of searches.
- Low volume on the search term – search engines will stop showing results for terms with low to little no search volume.
- IP exclusion – If you’re constantly searching for the exact term over and over, search engines will pick up on this and they will exclude your IP adress to prevent click fraud from happening and will stop showing you those ads.
Q: Why do I only see my competitor’s paid search ad?
A: Often you’ll see the ads from the same brand following you around the Internet. This is remarketing! Which we recommend for everyone, and your competitor will be saying the same about you! As you are online visiting various Google Display Network partner pages the ad will follow you!
To learn more about paid search marketing for hotels, or to get started with Milestone:
Source: Paid Search