Considering a new hotel website? Perhaps your website is performing “okay”and the thought of a digital overhaul is exhausting? Rather than thinking of the initial “pains” think of the continuous rewards. Increasing your luxury rooms and suites sold, your group business, and overall bookings is a reality with a new website, read how the Melrose Georgetown Hotel was able to transform their website and revenue streams.
The Melrose Georgetown is a AAA 4-star boutique hotel in the heart of Georgetown, blocks from the White House. Luxury, historic, and iconic are top of mind when thinking of the hotel.
- The site was not producing enough revenue and traffic demanded by this type of property and location.
- New traffic, especially from the organic source, was low.
- Needed to attract luxury and boutique hotel guests for the DC market in addition to government travel, even though these stays are not at rack rate.
- Needed to increase local residents for the outlets on site.
Large Scale Solution:
- Fully responsive design
- Allows people to easily find what they are looking for on the website, no matter what device they use.
- Galexi CMS platform
- Schemas built into the content management system platform increases organic search presence
- Event calendar, powered by MediaConnect360
- Attract the large volume of search from visitors coming to Washington, D.C. in the summer months and keep the website fresh and engaging for search engines
- Added Photo Gallery to top navigation
- Images increase time on page and conversions, and searchers expect to be able to view professional photos in a click.
Continuous Optimization Strategies:
- Added a “Book Now” button to each room type on the accommodations page
- Easier for users to immediately convert to buyers, increased conversion and click-through rates to the booking engine
- Optimized Accommodations page to target “Rooms & Suites”
- Drive more qualified visitors that have the intent to book luxury rooms and suites
- Updated H1 tags with more compelling messaging on Home, Location, Rooms and Services
- Achieve better optimization, user experience and helps define page intent for search
Remember, changing your website will not just be an immediate bump in traffic but an investment for seasons to come. The website launched in May 2015, below is performance data comparing the performance from the year prior and post website launch.
- Organic Revenue Increased 37%
- Organic Traffic Increased 32%
- Mobile Sessions Increased 171%
- Mobile Goal Completions Increased 18.1%
- IAC Awards Outstanding Website Recipient
- The Communicator Award of Distinction Recipient
The Melrose Georgetown recognized the need to increase organic traffic and direct revenue streams. Partnering with Milestone provided the strategies and software needed to compete for the seasons to come. Now, more searchers are aware of the Melrose Georgetown hotel, able to quickly view images of the unique property, check availability, and book easily across devices.
Melrose Georgetown Hotel Increases Revenue with Award Winning Website
Source: Paid Search