May 20, 2014 is “Be a Millionaire Day.”
Observed worldwide, it is a day for everyone to think and dream about what it would be like to be a millionaire.
If you are not yet a millionaire, you may at some point have looked at a really wealthy person and wondered, “How did he or she get so lucky?”
I know I have. Before I was making a lot of money I’d sometimes look at someone and think, “Man, how does he do it? He has money, a successful business, independence. Everything he does seems to turn into gold.”
Sure, I was well aware of the standard advice that tells you to start a savings account, pay off debt and review your investing and spending habits.
And I was working really hard, yet I was experiencing failure and no matter what I did or how I tried to save money, I piled on more debt.
Then I’d see someone with fewer credentials or who wasn’t working as hard and I’d wonder…
Do they have better connections? Were they born into a wealthy family? Were they made privy to a strategy I don’t know about? Do they have less “bad luck” expense-wise?
As I became more successful and began meeting more and more really wealthy people, I realized it had nothing to do with luck. And while the typical advice about saving and investing was good, I required something different than that kind of advice if I truly wanted to be independent and wealthy.
You see, I met and observed people from all walks of life. In fact, some had come from very little or had very little education and no credentials. And none of them were free from unexpected “pop-up” expenses.
What they did have in common was that they took certain actions to create wealth. Here are four reasons I’ve observed that people have “money luck.” Wealthy people:
1) Create a business that money is attracted to. When building your business, you must be mindful of your design. Money is drawn to certain things and not others. I talk about this extensively in Mind of Money.
Successful businesses give their customers what they want. Think of it this way. If you make your child their favorite meal, they will be drawn to it and eat well. But if you cook something they don’t like, they either will refuse to eat it, make all sorts of excuses why they can’t eat it, or eat very little of it.
Even the perfect marketing plan flawlessly executed will fail if you don’t construct your business in a way that wealth finds appealing.
2) Remove the obstacles in their “money path.” Nearly everyone has obstacles in the way of making money.
Often we think if we just ‘work harder’ or ‘add a strategy’ we will make more money. So you do more and more, still struggling to increase your income and wealth. The truth is sometimes you don’t need to do more, but instead you need to remove the obstacles in your path to get better results.
Are there any obstacles in your path to success? If so, what are they and how are you going to overcome them?
3) Convert “one-to-one” selling to “one-to-many” selling. Simply put, it is much more efficient and much more profitable using one-to-many selling. This can convert more unconverted leads faster, allow you to secure affiliate partnerships to sell more, create referrals and automate part or all of your selling.
Dan Kennedy describes a situation in his Craftmanship of One-To-Many Selling Presentation where he was able to help a company produce $12 million in front-end-revenue and over $20 million in back-end revenue in one fourth the time it normally took them, simply by converting to one-to-many selling.
4) Craft a script for every sales presentation. The most effective sales presentations whether you are speaking from the stage, creating a video to put up online or on a DVD, one to many presentations are always scripted and well-engineered.
Whether I’m presenting on a webinar or live from the stage, make no mistake, I know exactly what I’m going to say ahead of time and I rehearse it too. Unscripted, unrehearsed, spontaneous presentations mean you are leaving money (and often your credibility) on the table.
If you want to stop dreaming of becoming a millionaire and instead live the millionaire lifestyle, putting these four techniques in place will help you create your own “money luck.”
Do you have changes you’ve made in your business that you feel have improved your money luck? Share them with our readers in the comments.
NOTE: Do you want to improve your money luck? We have just a few spots left for Dan Kennedy’s Advanced Wealth Academy (with special guest, Chicken Soup for The Soul author Mark Victor Hansen) in which he’ll take you inside his “Architecture of Wealth Attraction”.
During this event Dan will reveal:
- A new and exceptionally advanced comprehensive strategic thinking and tactical application approach to wealth attraction never before discussed.
- How to place yourself so that money naturally flows to you so you can eliminate the need to chase it or pursue it.
- What to do instead of adding more, doing more or working more, that will get you better results.
- How to get cooperation and assistance from others, including those in “high places” to get doors opened for you that you’d never be able to open on your own.
- How to easily and quickly identify the obstacles in your way of making money and instantly remove them.
Plus Dan will do a bonus training on crafting one-to-many sales presentations where you’ll discover:
- The one element in your sales script that many omit…but that you should include every time.
- How to multiply authority, credibility, believability and captured interest with one single production change and technique.
- The 7 things your audience MUST realize and know as a result of your presentation before they will buy.
- And much more.
Source: Dan KennedyFour Reasons Why Some People Have Better Money Luck by Charles