The event is remarkable unto itself, but it’s even more remarkable when you consider that the event grew from 400 attendees just four years ago to 20,000 attendees this year. The conference is growing as fast as the Dublin tech scene — as Barry O’Dowd, Head of Emerging Business for IDA Ireland told us, "there is little doubt that the Web Summit has helped put Ireland’s tech scene on the international stage."
Not all the action happens on stage at the Summit, of course. Local legend states that Uber’s 2011 funding round was finalized in a pub at the Summit, and last year’s top 25 startup winners from the Summit raised over $400M over the past twelve months. We tried interviewing the sheep for comment (they politely declined), so instead we found the most tweetable, shareable insights we could find from many of the speakers and assembled them all into one doc for easy inspiration and motivation.
Whether you attended the Summit for the first time this year, watched the live stream, or just heard about it from friends, here’s a SlideShare and a few tweetable takeaways of our favorite insights from our friends in the Emerald Isle, thanks to HubSpot’s Melissa Obleada:
1) "Amazing people need a purpose beyond profits." -@dharmesh (Click to tweet!)
2) "Deal with disruption by being the disruptor." -@andymarkowitz (Click to tweet!)
3) "Life is too short for bad software." -@sweetlew (Click to tweet!)
4) "Great marketing is marketing for people, not at them." -@robnewlan (Click to tweet!)
5) "One of the key triggers, statistically, for shareability is emotional intensity." -@sarahfwood (Click to tweet!)